Answered By: Mary Glackin
Last Updated: Aug 12, 2015     Views: 15

Hi Tracy,

Your answers are below:

1. One of my teachers suggested that I browse HRAF, the Human Relations
Area Files, a database of anthropology-related documents
It appears that Mount Holyoke does not have access to these files, but
UMASS does. Is there any way I can access this database?

As you noted, UMASS has access to this databasse. You would need to visit the UMass libraries to browse this database. Once you identify articles you need for your research,  you can read them at UMass or request them via interlibrary loan. 

2. When I search "Journal of Psychoactive Drugs" in the LITS catalog, I see
that UMASS and Hampshire have several of these issues online (as well as in
print). Again, this is a question of access. Can I browse these online, or
am I limited to requesting these via ILL?

Mount Holyoke has access to full text for this journal through 2013 via Academic Search Premiere. The table of contents of the latest issues can be browsed online via our Gale database. If you require the full text of the most recent articles, you can request them via interlibrary loan. Here's more information from our SFX links for that journal:

Related Topics

    Didn't find what you are looking for? Submit your own question!